- H. Du, M. M. Ferrari, C. Heitsch, F. Hurley, C. V. Mennicke, B. D. Sullivan, B. Xu, Secondary structure ensemble analysis via community detection, in R. Segal, B. Shtylla, and S. Sindi, eds, Using Mathematics to Understand Biological Complexity, Association for Women in Mathematics Series 22 (Springer, Cham, 2021), pp. 55-81.
- M. M. Ferrari, E. Munarini, N. Zagaglia Salvi, Some combinatorial properties of the generalized derangement numbers, Riv. Mat. Univ. Parma 11, 217-249 (2020).
- D. A. Cruz, M. M. Ferrari, N. Jonoska, L. Nabergall, M. Saito, Insertions yielding equivalent double occurrence words, Fundamenta Informaticae 171(1-4), 113-132 (2020).
- S. Bonvicini, M. M. Ferrari, On the minimum number of bond-edge types and tile types: an approach by edge-colorings of graphs, Discrete Applied Mathematics 277, 1-13 (2020).
- M. M. Ferrari, E. Munarini, Decomposition of some Hankel matrices generated by the generalized rencontres polynomials, Linear Algebra and its Applications 567, 180-201 (2019).
- M. M. Ferrari, N. Zagaglia Salvi, Cyclic compositions and cycles of the hypercube, Aequationes Mathematicae 92(4), 671-682 (2018).
- M. M. Ferrari, A. Cook, A. Houlihan, R. Rouleau, N. C. Seeman, G. Pangborn, J. Ellis-Monaghan, Design formalism for DNA self-assembly of polyhedral skeletons using rigid tiles, Journal of Mathematical Chemistry 56(5), 1365-1392 (2018).
- S. Capparelli, M. M. Ferrari, E. Munarini, N. Zagaglia Salvi, A generalization of the “Problème des Rencontres”, Journal of Integer Sequences 21, Article 18.2.8 (2018).
- F. Beggas, M. M. Ferrari, N. Zagaglia Salvi, Combinatorial interpretations and enumeration of particular bijections, Riv. Mat. Univ. Parma 8, 161-169 (2017).
- M. M. Ferrari, N. Zagaglia Salvi, Aperiodic compositions and classical integer sequences, Journal of Integer Sequences 20, Article 17.8.8 (2017).
- M. M. Ferrari, N. Zagaglia Salvi, Recent results on the adjacent vertex distinguishing chromatic index of the direct product of graphs, Lecture Notes of Seminario Interdisciplinare di Matematica 14, 57-69 (2017).
- M. M. Ferrari, N. Zagaglia Salvi, Minimal edge colorings of class 2 graphs and double graphs, Le Matematiche 71(2), 17-25 (2016).
- F. Beggas, M. M. Ferrari, H. Kheddouci, N. Zagaglia Salvi, On circular disarranged strings of sequences, Advances and Applications in Discrete Mathematics 17(3), 275-292 (2016).
- G. Cesari, M. M. Ferrari, On the position value for special classes of networks, in L. Petrosyan and V. Mazalov, eds, Recent Advances in Game Theory and Applications, Static & Dynamic Game Theory: Foundations & Applications (Birkhäuser, Cham, 2016), pp. 29-47.
Selected Invited Talks
|Nov 2021||Formal grammar modeling three-stranded DNA:RNA braids
Fall Southeastern Sectional Meeting (virtual meeting)
|Jun 2021||Combinatorial insights into biomolecular interactions
Mathematics Seminar, Aarhus University (virtual meeting)
|Apr 2021||Graph clustering for RNA secondary structure analysis
Algebra and Discrete Mathematics Seminar, Clemson University (virtual meeting)
|Mar 2021||Combinatorial questions arising from biomolecular processes
Department of Mathematics and Statistics Colloquium, University of South Alabama (virtual meeting)
|Feb 2021||Insertions on double occurrence words motivated by DNA rearrangement
Mathematical Biology Seminar, University of California, Davis (virtual meeting)
|Jan 2021||Graph-theoretical questions arising from biomolecular processes
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University (virtual meeting)
|Jan 2021||Homology of directed graphs with application to DNA recombination
Virtual Joint Mathematics Meetings 2021
|Dec 2020||Discrete models for understanding mechanisms of RNA-mediated DNA break repair
3rd SCMB Annual Symposium (virtual meeting)
|May 2020||Insertions on double occurrence words motivated by DNA rearrangement
Discrete Mathematics Seminars, Università di Verona (virtual meeting)
|Nov 2019||Mathematical models for describing molecular self-assembly
Fall Southeastern Sectional Meeting
||Mathematical models for describing molecular self-assembly
Joint Mathematics Meetings 2019
||Modelli matematici per nanostrutture di DNA (Mathematical models for DNA nanostructures)
Conference cycle La Matematica che non ti aspetti 2017 (Unexpected Mathematics 2017) sponsored by Progetto Lauree Scientifiche, Università degli studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia
||Formalism and design strategies for DNA tile assembly
Trends in Graph Theory and Combinatorics 2017